Update3: Works with Mitsuba 4.1, most of sun options are supported). Thin dielectric added. But dipole is still broken.
Update4: Should fix some camera bugs, increased some allowed max parameters values .
Here is updated blender exporter that works with Blender 2.64 and Mitsuba 4.1
Supported engine integrators are (all except AO – who uses it today anyway):
- Energy redistribution PT
- Path Space MLT
- Primary Sample Space MLT
- Photon mapper
- Adjoint Particle Tracer
- Bidirectional path tracer
- Volumetric path tracer (Extended)
- Volumetric path tracer (Simple)
- Path tracer
- Direct Illumination
Supported integrators are (basically all):
- Sobol QMC sampler
- Hammersley QMC sampler
- Halton QMC sampler
- Low discrepancy
Other features included:
- support for blend bsdf (see gold statue that uses gold and diffuse, with smooth dielectric coating)
- Modifiers are finally supported (thanks to updated collada exporter that has this feature now)
- HDR environment maps – through hemi light.
- Thind dielectric – Architectural glass support
- Multiple materials per object support
-sunsky, sky, sun (I think there is problem with transforming sunsky coordinates – I reported but to mitsuba creator Wenzel Jakob
no support for dof – no time to implement it now Should work now in update 3.
- dipose sss – It is fixed in newest Mitsuba release, should be out soon. I know lots of blender guys are waiting for it – sorry for make you waiting :/ (if you really want you can copy manually dipole xml code inside scene to tag and it should work)
And some screens. Car is from blender swap made by user tom120934. I had to remake all materials for mitsuba. Render time was 6minutes with Photon Mapping. Thanks for great car tom120934: