Update3: Works with Mitsuba 4.1, most of sun options are supported). Thin dielectric added. But dipole is still broken.
Update4: Should fix some camera bugs, increased some allowed max parameters values .
Here is updated blender exporter that works with Blender 2.64 and Mitsuba 4.1
Supported engine integrators are (all except AO – who uses it today anyway):
- Energy redistribution PT
- Path Space MLT
- Primary Sample Space MLT
- Photon mapper
- Adjoint Particle Tracer
- Bidirectional path tracer
- Volumetric path tracer (Extended)
- Volumetric path tracer (Simple)
- Path tracer
- Direct Illumination
Supported integrators are (basically all):
- Sobol QMC sampler
- Hammersley QMC sampler
- Halton QMC sampler
- Low discrepancy
Other features included:
– support for blend bsdf (see gold statue that uses gold and diffuse, with smooth dielectric coating)
– Modifiers are finally supported (thanks to updated collada exporter that has this feature now)
– HDR environment maps – through hemi light.
– Thind dielectric – Architectural glass support
– Multiple materials per object support
-sunsky, sky, sun (I think there is problem with transforming sunsky coordinates – I reported but to mitsuba creator Wenzel Jakob
no support for dof – no time to implement it now Should work now in update 3.
– dipose sss – It is fixed in newest Mitsuba release, should be out soon. I know lots of blender guys are waiting for it – sorry for make you waiting (if you really want you can copy manually dipole xml code inside scene to tag and it should work)
And some screens. Car is from blender swap made by user tom120934. I had to remake all materials for mitsuba. Render time was 6minutes with Photon Mapping. Thanks for great car tom120934: